Video Search Pop N Code is a plugin I made which allows you to:
- search for videos within your wordpress editor using Google Ajax Search
- watch the video within your wordpress editor
- get the embed code and paste it into your post
- format your post properly
Video Search Pop N Code will then make sure the video code works when viewers read your post.
- Wordpress 2.5 and up (may work on older versions but untested)
- Get a Google Search API key .
A Google Ajax Video Search Control is embedded into your Wordpress editor which allows you to search for videos without refreshing your editor page.
A selection of videos are presented. When you click on an image the video will pop up and play without refreshing your editor.
You can see what the video pop up looks like here:
When you click on a video changes in the pop up on the fly.
When you see a video you like, copy the code.
Click on "Done Watching" to close the pop up.
Paste the code into your Wordpress editor.
Video Search Pop N Code formats your video properly.
An admin section to place your Google Ajax Search Api and your video options.
Download: Click Here to Download
This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Copy the entire /video-search-pop-n-code/ into your wordpress plugins folder, normally located in /wp-content/plugins/ (Mu version coming soon)
- Login to Wordpress Admin and activate the plugin
- Click on settings then click on the link in the menu which says 'VideoSearchPopNCode
- Using the link provided on the admin page sign up for a Google Search API key.
- Place the Google API Key into your API field and press Update
As you watch a video within your editor you can see a bit of code to copy and paste. A wordpress player can be embedded in a post using a tag of the following
The URL is the url found on YouTube for a particular video.
You can also set the dimensions:
&91youtube:URL WIDTH HEIGHT&93
e.g. &91youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watchv=Jb1_h9bguvI 300 200&93
Same tag format for Google Vidoes but with googlevideo instead of youtube e.g. &91googlevideo:URL&93
You can also set global options such as size and border colors in the Video Search Pop N Code option menu.
Credits: Google and Paul M Bain